Product videos on all the RH units are here; Beyond Monochrome
Flashing and Fogging aid for Photographic Materials
The PaperFlasher makes it easy to flash and fog photographic materials to control contrast and add tone to otherwise blank areas and can breathe new life into blocked-up highlights on prints. It comprises a tiny, lightweight, electronically stabilised light source and a battery-operated control box and timer. The light source can be mounted on the darkroom ceiling, on the enlarger lensboard, or in any other convenient position using Blu-Tack, double-sided tape, Velcro or similar. The timer is easy to use, and incorporates a novel test-strip generator for quick and accurate determination of the amount of exposure required. The exposure time can range from 1.0 seconds up to 84 seconds, and is microprocessor controlled to one tenth of a second accuracy. Uses for the PaperFlasher are legion – pre- and post-flashing exposures for contrast control, controlled fogging to add tone to blank areas of a print, fogging of print borders, pseudo-solarisation of prints while in the developer (the Sabattier effect), etc. etc. For full information view the Users Manual.
- Makes flashing and fogging easy – no need to remove the negative or use a separate enlarger
- Electronically stabilised light source for repeatable and consistent results
- Light source is small (40x40x20mm, 1.5×1.5×0.8 inches) and lightweight, making it easy to mount almost anywhere
- Battery-operated – inherently safe and portable. Control box size: 105x60x22mm (4.1×2.3×0.9 inches). Socket for optional foot switch.
- Built in timer with a range of 1.0 to 84 seconds
- Accurate and repeatable timing with 0.1 second accuracy
- Test strip generation in 0.1 and 0.5 stop steps for quick and easy determination of exposure
- Filters for intensity and colour control can easily be fitted to the light source
- Single PP3 type battery (included) provides long life and is easily replaceable. Rechargeable types can be used.
- Illuminated tactile switches, splashpoof case.
- Dimensions: Timer: WHD 110x65x28mm (4.3 x 2.5 x 1.1 inches) approx. Weight as shipped 250g approx.
- Full two year guarantee, plus 14 day refund if you are not completely satisfied.